Chicago Clearing House, circa 1910.
After the great Chicago fire of 1871, which destroyed the city’s office buildings, Bank of Montreal moved into temporary quarters.
The Major Block, at the corner of LaSalle and Madison streets, was built after Chicago’s great fire of 1871. Bank of Montreal was among the first tenants, on the second floor.
Images on this website are property of Bank of Montreal unless otherwise noted. Unauthorized use is prohibited.